Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Intimidation of Comebacks

     Everyone's time for change comes, and my time is now. My personal transition from a teenager that loves spending time at home with her parents, to a college student, away from home and trying new things is quickly coming upon my life's horizon. If it wasn't for what seems like my entire town's population coming up to me in the past year and a half asking me what I'm going to do with my life, and all the other questions that seem to be socially acceptable to ask a teenager in my position, no one would have any idea I was stepping out and making this change.
     The intimidation of all of this, however, is that I feel like only very recently, have I "found myself", and figured out just what my personality is, and also what changes I should and shouldn't make to be my purest self. So, moving six hours away and starting college classes that could very well be over my head isn't my biggest worry. My biggest worry is that with these huge changes coming my way, I may lose this great feeling that I've only just gained of knowing who I am, and what I shouldn't stand up for, and more importantly, what I should.
     You see, happiness is one of those things that seems to be annoyingly fleeting. We work and work and work to find happiness, and usually when we do, it only lasts for a short while, until we either get into a situation that steals our happiness, or what made us happy for that moment has dulled, and we need to find something else that can give that feeling that we all crave. To put it in terms that my fellow TV junkies would relate to better is when you wait for an entire season of television of crying, plot twists, and roadblocks just for a mere half an episode where all your favorite characters are finally sitting back, relaxed, and happy. But if you think about it, the TV show wouldn't be that entertaining if there weren't all those tears, plot twists, and roadblocks.
     So, to wrap things up, comebacks are great. They are those wonderful half-episode moments of your life that you have worked so long for. Though it is intimidating to let that happiness in for just a while, knowing that eventually times will change and we'll be on a new adventure to find that good 'ole comeback feeling again, the feeling always seems to be just so exciting that I continue to work even harder for it each time.
     And, in case anyone is wondering, I didn't find myself by experimenting with alcohol, drugs, or sexual promiscuity. I found myself by reading God's word daily and applying it to my life. It's powerful. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment